The Saturday Six
To see the whole project pictured above, click on the photo
1. Fake it until you make it. I'm a huge fan of podcasts. I'm pretty sure 50% of what gets me to the gym is knowing I've got a good podcast waiting for me. I listen mostly to business and real estate ones, but would love any recommendation you've got. This week I was listening to one and they were talking about body over mind, in the sense that it is easier to get your mind on board with something once your body is already doing it. I've found this to be so true. In every business venture I've started, or anything else for that matter, I couldn't map it all out in my mind, so I just started doing it...quickly my mind got on board and it often times went in better directions than I would have thought up in the first place. I've had a lot of people asking me how I started this or that, would a small group brainstorming session be helpful? I'm considering arranging one, let me know if it's something that would interest you. I know so many people might be hesitant to brainstorm ideas with other people, but I think in a small group setting it might work better than you think. Leave a comment or shoot me an email if that is something you'd be interested in.
2. Shark Tank miss. Did you watch this week's Shark Tank? I was legit yelling at my TV when they passed on Little Nomad. Brilliant idea.
3. I told my husband this week that I was ready to get rid of 50% of all our 'stuff.' Do you ever feel like you just walk around picking up stuff all day everyday?! It's too much. To my surprise, he was totally on board & then suggested we get started right away...in my closet. Creep.
4. Rose bush woes. I've planted 8 rose bushes two times now in the same place. The first round was a fail but I am determined to make these ones flourish. What might I be doing wrong? They are getting adequate sunlight -- so maybe my watering is off? Send all ideas!
5. Guac on. I love me some good guac and a football game to go with it. We make a really simple kind and it's basically no fail. Smash up your avocado, add a splash of lemon juice and about 1/2 tsp of both lemon pepper + garlic salt. Don't forget to taste test and then add more as needed.
6.I sent my kids to school yesterday and got them all excited that it was half day...only to realize it wasn't. #winning 😬 Thankfully they were good sports & didn't come home yelling at me.
Hi, I'm Amy. When I'm not scouring the valley for the perfect new house, you can usually find me in the kitchen with a gaggle of kids. Chips, salsa and a Diet Coke are usually in hand.