A quick run-down of all the 'things' I'm loving...and by things I don't actually mean things you need to buy, I mean thoughts, shows, songs, routines & chubby babies in diapers. Happy Friday.
1. It had been over a year since I had been in the gym and this past week I finally made my return and it felt gooooood. It didn't come without its sacrifices though. Fitting in the gym means giving up on some sleep as my alarm is now going off at 5 am, but in all honesty, it doesn't feel like much of a sacrifice. I'm enjoying that hour so much. Also in all honesty, I held off until it had warmed up just a touch because I knew waking up in the cold of February would deter me. Just like to set myself up for success I suppose.
2. Have you watched Splitting up Together? It's our new favorite show, and every week it has me laughing...and maybe wanting to cry a bit. The main characters are played by Jenna Fischer and Oliver Hudson -- which if you're anything like me, you'll remember from the show Wings. I honestly, scratched my head for a bit when I saw him thinking, that can't possibly be him because he looks exactly the same. Tuesdays on ABC -- set your DVR and watch it with your spouse.
3. On repeat? 'Meant to Be' by Bebe Rexha & Florida Georgia Line. This tune will definitely find its way to my summer playlist. Apologies in advance to my neighbors that have to listen to my music all summer long.
4. I'm trying to drink more water...it's one of my goals that is always my goal. Kind of like trying to stop saying so many 4-letter words. hah. When I was pregnant and nursing I used this cup to carry around with me. After a year of use it got dropped one too many times and broke and you know how it goes, life gets busy and I never replaced it. Then I find myself at 8 pm realizing I haven't had a sip of water all day. Finally got a similar cup at Target earlier in the month and it's helped to have a designated water cup. I fill it up and keep it with me. What do you do to drink more water?
5. Also managed to head back to the chiropractor this month. Remember when I was having sleep struggles? Well I stopped taking those supplements while I was pregnant and nursing. Headed back to re-evaluate since sleep was beginning to be a struggle again. Got my hip flexor worked on and came away with my sleep supplements and I'm pretty sure they are the reason I can get myself out of bed for the gym each morning. I take 2 supplements each night and they help me fall asleep & transition to a deep sleep. The best part is they don't leave me feeling groggy in the morning. Previously, after 2 or .3 nights of struggling, I'd take 1 Advil PM (which is half the dosage amount) and while I'd sleep good, waking up was a STRUGGLE. Let me know if you have similar sleep problems & I'd be happy to refer my chiropractor to you.
Hi, I'm Amy. When I'm not scouring the valley for the perfect new house, you can usually find me in the kitchen with a gaggle of kids. Chips, salsa and a Diet Coke are usually in hand.