Can we get a litter personal today? I feel like we're friends & I've got to tell you something, because it's something I have to remind myself all the time.
I've been asked on several occasions how I do what I do & I think the curiosity mostly stems from being a serial entrepreneur, not hesitating to create new opportunities & abandoning old ones. I mean, the idea of a 'working mom' isn't a new one, so I assume that's the curiosity? And I get it, but I've also come to learn that this is just how my mind works...I love ideas & have notebooks of them, so I'm sure at some point I'll pursue something else. Five years ago, that thought would have scared the bits out of me...now it excites me as I understand this idea & endeavor is building me for my next.
Every Sunday I re-do my letterboard for the week & then share them on my Saturday Six. I have this board right on my kitchen counter where everyone sees it multiple times a day. I've probably read this thought over a 100 times throughout the week & it's proven to be helpful for me & I hope you too.
In the end, it mostly boils down to this: 'If you think you can or you can't, you're right.' Both thoughts deliver the same message & I've found both to be true. And that is how I do what I do...and be sure of one thing, it doesn't matter what you do...it is just the doing that matters.
If you're not sure try this little experiment. Whatever it is you want to be the best at: mother, hair dresser, athlete, photographer, anything. Ask yourself this, 'If I was the best__________, how would I behave?' Then do that. You'll be amazed at how much better you'll perform & not second guess yourself in the process.
And now for the S I X:::
1. I have a little house project that is distracting me. I've got to figure out my TV wall...currently my dresser is acting as our TV stand & I'm kind of over it. It's like, If you Give a Mouse a Cookie...now that we got a new bed...well now I need my dresser back so I can get that finished. While I'm at it, I'm going to replace my family room rug too, because it sheds like you wouldn't believe. Any good ideas for me? Send them my way!
2. Spent time buying a new house with a client this week & my very favorite part of the whole thing was walking into what will be their new home & seeing her standing at the kitchen sink. I proclaimed, 'welcome home!' and she laughed. In that moment I knew she could see her life there in that home, standing at that kitchen sink, loving & serving those around her.
That's my favorite part of all this. Seeing people mentally move into their new homes & picture their lives there. Home is such a personal & sacred place that I don't ever take that moment for granted. It's a special one.
3. Headspace has changed my life. Haven't heard of it? Search in on the app store & download it now. It's a meditation app that my friend told me about & while I had be using another one prior, I love love love Headspace. It has been a game changer in keeping me centered & focused. Try it & tell me what you think!
4. I tried to figure out macros this week. Epic fail. I made some progress, but mostly just felt overwhelmed. Perhaps I"ll circle back in another week...or not & just continue with my chips + salsa lunches.
5. I walked these AMAZING model homes last weekend & I'm still processing it! Full tour will be up on the blog this week, but they were out.of.this.world. Thing living walls, floating beds (seriously) & outdoor bathtubs! Definitely gave me some 'someday house' ideas.
6. Grateful. This week was a busy week...as evidenced by my absence here, but it was full of goodness & opportunity & for that I am so very grateful. Thank you. Thank you for being a part of this & always supporting my endeavors. It does not go unnoticed & I have so much love for you.
Hi, I'm Amy. When I'm not scouring the valley for the perfect new house, you can usually find me in the kitchen with a gaggle of kids. Chips, salsa and a Diet Coke are usually in hand.